Day 2 - 24 November 2021
Cloud Strategies: Chair’s Opening Remarks
Presentation: The Cloud Survival Guide – Understanding the basics
- Cloud computing vs cloud technology – What’s the difference and how do they impact your network?
- Public, private, hybrid – What are they and which is for you?
- How does the type of cloud service impact the customer’s visibility into their data?
- Infrastructure, Platform and Software as a Service – Understanding each and their benefits
Presentation: Top benefits of cloud computing
- Understanding how cloud impacts flexibility and efficiency
- Can cloud services give you a competitive advantage?
- What cloud infrastructure can teach you about the productivity of your business
Presentation: It’s not just Azure vs AWS – How smaller cloud providers are stepping up to the table
- With leading cloud providers out of reach for many companies pricewise, how can smaller specialised clouds pick up the slack?
- Should technology silos be avoided or encouraged?
- Examples of companies innovating to improve storage and usability
Presentation: It’s not rocket science! Selecting the perfect cloud set-up
- Key considerations when choosing a cloud provider
- Assessing security, reliability and scalability
- How important is a company’s reputation?
Panel: Top cloud migration challenges and how to manage them
- Issues, successes and what to avoid
- Understanding the technology and personal side
- Are you in control of subscriptions and optimising cost
- Ensuring your cloud provider meets expectations in usability, reliability, performance & security
Presentation: A cloud success story
- An in-depth case study of how one organisation is successfully using cloud
- Lessons learned in migration
- Next steps for the future
Presentation: Don’t get locked in – Is vendor dependency an issue?
- How widespread is the issue of legacy system integration, and how can it be combated?
- Understanding the risks – transferring infrastructure, applications & data
- Why you can build better apps and get more value from your data by going deep with your Cloud Service Provider
Presentation: Is your cloud secure?
- As more enterprises are moving their sensitive data to the cloud, are security measures keeping up?
- Exploring the tactics for securing your data within the cloud
- Where should data be encrypted?
- Whose responsibility is security in the cloud?
Presentation: Governance, privacy and compliance in the cloud
- Discussing the importance of having a robust Data Governance strategy: Giving the right people the right data, in the right format, at the right time.
- Discussing data protection issues in the cloud – how you can stay one step ahead
- Exploring the latest updates in cloud regulation and how to meet them
- How important is the physical location of your data?
Presentation: Not such a long jump – Overcoming cultural issues with cloud adoption
- Strategies for Overcoming data concerns and lack of trust issues with Cloud Service Providers
- Managing roles and responsibilities of your IT team
- Discussing approaches for maximising collaboration within departments and functions
Panel: The future’s cloud based: Top predictions for 2025
- Today’s ‘lift-and-shift’ approach to migration doesn’t develop cloud native skills, so how important will in-house cloud agility be to the future of a business?
- Will cloud adoption be driven largely by cost optimisation?
- Will we become independent from the major cloud providers?
- Discussing predictions for the next steps in cloud technology and how this will impact not only businesses, but society as a whole