30 years of work experience
2016 ▪EURO5G (H2020) ▪METIS2 (H2020) ▪Study on the use of mmBands in 5G networks ▪eMBB developments in Europe ▪Mobile indoor coverage tools ▪MVNO for enterprise market
2015 ▪MNOs investments ▪3.5 GHz spectrum valuation ▪Analysis of fixed wireless access spectrum fees ▪EURO5G (H2020) ▪METIS2 (H2020)
2014 ▪Evolution of GSM-R for the European Railway Agency ▪WiFi strategies ▪White paper on LTE safety ▪ Promotion of mobile broadband adoption in Belgium – study for Belgian NRA ▪4-play offers in the European market ▪Sharing (Self-organized Heterogeneous Advanced RadIo Networks Generation): Celtic-Plus project ▪TD-LTE ▪ LTE Watch Service ▪Spectrum Watch service ▪Public Safety spectrum
Key areas of expertise
Frédéric joined IDATE DigiWorld in 1992.
Frédéric is in charge of studies in the fields of radio technologies (mobile, fixed wireless access, satellite) and spectrum management.
His prime area of focus is mobile communications and spectrum, dealing with both the economic and strategic aspects of those sectors, at a macro and microeconomic level.
He has been involved in many 5G studies for operators, manufacturers and H2020 R&D program.
He holds a post-graduate degree in engineering from ISEN (Institut Supérieur d’Electronique du Nord, Lille, 1986), where he majored in Telecommunications, and from CITCOM (Centre d’Ingénierie des Technologies de la Communication, Paris, 1987), where he majored in Network Architecture.
– Study on using millimetre waves bands for the deployment of the 5G ecosystem, European Commission, 2017-2018
– Study on “Mobile Satellite Services (MSS) authorisation regimes, authorisations and enforcement in the EU Member States”
– 2G and 3G switch-off, Air Liquide, 2017
– Voice and broadband provision in depopulated areas, a Japanese mobile operator, 2017-2018
– 5G plans & investments, market report, 2017
– To-EURO-5G (H2020), European Commission, H2020 R&D program, 2017-2019
– 5G spectrum and sharing trends, a Japanese mobile operator, 2017
– Hybrid xDSL/4G access in Europe, a chipset manufacturer, 2017
– Wireless communication technologies, Normandie AeroEspace, 2017