Day 1 - 15 September 2021
Applied 5G: Chairperson’s Welcome
Opening talk – overview of sessions and key highlights.
Think Different with 5G Digitisation
- Enabling new and optimised services through digitisation.
- Using DevOps to revamp legacy systems for new connectivity capabilities and 5G.
- A closer look at cloud migration.
Digital 5G – Automation and Deployment
- The role of autonomous decision making and mass knowledge sharing.
- Digital deployment – is a hybrid approach of public and private networks best?
- AI and ML as part of critical infrastructure for operations and maintenance optimisation.
Panel: Peak Efficiency with 5G
- How the layered connectivity of 5G enables real-time monitoring of assets and data insights for actionable outcomes.
- What new levels of automation are now capable? Pro-active rather than reactive solutions.
- How to process the mass data collected at heightened speeds.
- Moving beyond sectors; how will this enable a sustainable future?
AI Opportunities in 5G
- Combining AI at the Edge as the ultimate game-changer.
- Using trials and testing to see where AI can really impact opportunities and experiences.
- Examples of AI-applications deployed in 5G.
Industrial Applications Enabled by Mobile Private Networks
- What have we learnt so far in relation to network speeds and security when deployed?
- Private network (MPN) adoption – how to approach spectrum licensing.
- Understanding the different levels of connectivity needed for different use-cases.
- Examples across verticals of 5G running live.
Reaching the Next Phase, Standalone 5G
- A look at the progression from core, non-standalone (NSA) and standalone (SA) 5G.
- Unlocking mass coverage with capabilities through SA 5G, from heightened speeds to network slicing.
- Where do we go from here with this next-gen connectivity?
Panel: Staying Ahead of the Network – Business Transformation through 5G
- How analysing real-time complex data will allow for true business transformation, from enhancing on-site engagement to rural operations.
- A shift from the quality of service to quality of experience and personalisation.
- What will the full functionality of 5G mean for businesses and how will this network evolution provide increased opportunities and ROI?
- How far can connectivity capabilities go before network data encryption becomes invasive/ intrusive and barriers of ethical issues come into play?
Connecting the Wireless Dots for 5G Focused Business Model
- How the 5G roll-out has been hindered by the lack of structure in how to commercialise services.
- What new revenue streams are open to suppliers and operators to monetize 5G enabled services?
- The need to define standards.
- Constant reliability is key – ensuring services are not overpromised is essential to the network’s reputation and success.
Creating Immersive Experiences with 5G
- Creating audience immersion through AV, VR, ML and robotics.
- The extensive capability of user personalisation now available.
- Using Edge, AI and digital technologies to enable higher bandwidth and stronger coverage.
- How MNO’s are preventing true 5G adoption across the sectors.
- Trials and testing for the future of 5G optimised entertainment.
Panel: The new World of Connectivity – 5G & the Future
- How to break the public perception of 5G.
- The need to focus on 5G led business models, MNO platforms and services as the next step for commercialisation.
- Private Vs Public networks – understanding the convergence of these and how it is not a ‘one size fits all’ approach to connectivity.
- Why MNO’s need to work together to create a digital eco-system for 5G to reach its potential.
End of Day 1
Click here to view the different talks featured across the conference days.