Day 2 - 18 March 2020
Transformational 5G: Chairperson’s Welcome and Opening Comments
An industry analyst will give an overview of how 5G is set to transform the connectivity space, with further focus on convergent technologies, transformational innovations and application soltuions.
Connecting the Wireless Dots for the New 5G Focused Business Model
As 5G disrupts the current business models across industries, the key questions on everyone’s mind is how do we monetize these new services? This talk will look closer at the new and adapting revenue streams open to suppliers and operators, along with the three main areas where new services require a new structure;
- Enhanced mobile broadband (eMBB)
- Ultra-reliable and low-latency communications (URLLC)
- Massive machine-type communications (mMTC)
Prof. Dimitra Simeonidou
Director of Smart Internet Lab/ Co-Director
University of Bristol/ Bristol Digital Futures Institute
02:20PM - Day 1
10:20AM - Day 2
Panel: The New World of Connectivity; 5G and the Future
- How fast will it evolve and is the key to future 5G success gaining the confidence of the public?
- Shutting down old networks, how will this impact industries?
- How do we adopt the key technologies needed now? E.g. MIMO (Multiple-input multiple-output)
- 5G in five years’ time, where will we be?
Space Connectivity; Satellites Enabling 5G
- How full integration and satellites seamless connectivity will provide and essential role in 5G
- New services and market opportunities for satellites in rural and urban connectivity
- Examples of sectors utilising satellite connectivity for industry projects, including transportation, public safety and further connected living
The Future of SD-WAN Through 5G
The reasons why business choose to use SD-WAN (Software-defined wide area network) include its ability for flexible connectivity solutions, secure edge-to-cloud computing and the connectivity range available. This talk will look closer at the increased agility, process optimisation, cost reductions and cloud utilisation SD-WAN can build on with 5G.
Principal 5G Researcher
03:20PM - Day 2
12:10PM - Day 2
Deploying AI in the 5G Network
The deployment of AI into 5G network/s is still in the very early stages. This talk will look at the potential that these convergent technologies hold, and how they will be applied when ready.
A Step Ahead of the Network; Driving WiFi 6 Acceleration Through 5G
A quicker roll-out phase for WiFi 6 will mean enterprises can take advantage of enhanced speeds and performance at an earlier time. While 5G and WiFi 6 will compliment each other, will the cheaper application of WiFi 6 impact the full roll-out and utilisation of 5G?
Panel: Staying Ahead of the Network – Enabling Business Transformation through 5G
- How analysing real-time complex consumer data will allow for true business transformation, from enhancing on-site engagement to rural operations
- Utilising 5G network speeds for competitive advantage and social good
- What will the full functionality of 5G mean for businesses and how will this network evolution provide increased opportunities and ROI?
5G Innovations: Application
From innovation to application, how do you make your 5G solution applicable for industries?
5G Innovations: Platforms
What platforms can help optimise your connectivity ready for 5G adoption?
5G Innovations: Security Infrastructure Sandbox
Securing your network is essential, but in an ever-expanding sensor-driven and wireless world, what are the fundamental steps needed in creating a strong 5G security infrastructure?