Day 1 - 4 November 2020
5G Infrastructure & Application: Opening Presentation
Chair’s Opening Remarks Day 1
Presentation: 5G Core – Cut Through the Hype
- A holistic look at the capabilities of 5G, for both existing networks and new services.
- How cloud platforms and an inter-connected mesh of services enables 5G.
- Non-Standalone (NSA) connectivity’s role in the current 5G infrastructure.
- What 5G NR Stand-Alone (SA) means for the future of the network.
- The utilisation of commercial network 5G Vs private network 5G.
Presentation: 5G Capabilities – Why You Need It and What You Can Gain
- High-band spectrum and automation – Allowing for peak connectivity speeds.
- Small cells – Increased Geographical connectivity due to more connectivity assets including antennas and cell sites.
- Networking – How this enables devices from asset tracking and street furniture, to remote healthcare.
- Confidentiality – Data encryption at the edge of the network thanks to local cache V’s the core.
Presentation: Defining 5G – the Software Defined Mobile Network
- A breakdown of the key architectural pillars supporting 5G.
- What are the key concepts, barriers and benefits to a Software Defined Mobile Network?
- Overcoming these barriers to leverage enterprise opportunities.
- Adopting SD-WAN; is this the next step to increased agility, process optimisation, cost reductions and cloud utilisation?
Presentation: Walking the Tightrope Between Security and the Edge – Keeping 5G Networks Safe
- Has security of the network become an after though, rather than a priority?
- Can AI security provide the protection needed for edge connectivity?
- What standards are in place for the critical core architecture and its deployment?
- How will these need to evolve to allow 5G to reach its optimum connectivity – is developing a spectrum strategy the answer?
Presentation: A Slice for Everyone! How Network Slicing Enables Business Optimisation
- What solutions can this network virtualization provide? Network-as-a-service capabilities and beyond.
- Is a Standalone infrastructure the only way to leverage this potential?
- Network Slicing – the key element to business optimisation and competitive advantage?
- How will MNO’s approach and adapt to this level of customisation?
Panel: Unlocking the Potential of 5G
- Talk of the full network roll-out has taken-over, but how is the lack of understanding in how to integrate this network into existing infrastructures hindering its imminent use?
- How 5G will affect the holy quintet; capacity, reliability, latency, bandwidth and efficiency?
- The need for MNO’s to create new products and pricing for sector adoption.
01:45PM - Day 1
Presentation: The Current Status of 5G in the US (and the World)
- What the current deployment of 5G looks like across the US and other countries?
- How companies are taking steps to diversify the supply chain.
- ‘5G can drive sustainable development’- what industry examples are there to support this statement?
- A real-life use case of this in industry.
. Chris Pearson, President, 5G Americas
Presentation: Ready, Set, 5G! Adopting and Accelerating 5G on a Mass Scale
- ‘70% of developers worldwide expect 5G to dominate in their countries within the next 2 years’ – how can the capabilities of this wireless network be realised?
- Emphasising how collaboration is key for adoption across network operators and both public and private sectors
- How can MNO’s help bridge the 5G divide?
- The convergence between fixed and mobile services – don’t forget about fibre!
Presentation: Breaking Barriers – What are the Infrastructure Challenges 5G faces in its Deployment Phase?
- What additional demand is 5G going to make on current network designs?
- The need for densification and re-examining the network architecture and reliability – is it built for 5G?
- Can what is already there be utilised e.g. Fibre networks?
Presentation: Deploying AI in the 5G Network
- What steps have been taken in the early stage adoption of AI into 5G networks?
- How combining AI and 5G is a game changer.
- The next phase to enable deployment.
Presentation: NR is the new LTE – A Breakdown of 5G New Radio
- While LTE will be the initial interface for 5G, what will 5G NR bring as the network grows?
- Resilience of radio-interface – a key component for flexibility in a wider network architecture.
- Cloud-Native Architecture – how it is building on the waveforms that are already in place?
- Improvements in performance, flexibility, scalability and efficiency.
Presentation: Building the Network – Collaboration & Innovation for 5G Acceleration
- What government led programmes are in place for the development and deployment of 5G across the US?
- What barriers has the programme faced and what strategies has the team used to overcome these?
- How collaboration is key to the current and future success of the wireless network evolution.
- Examples of the 5G programme in action.
Presentation: Monitoring and Monetizing 5G for the Enterprise
- How the layered connectivity of 5G enables real-time monitoring of assets, data and AI insights for actionable outcomes and in turn, peak efficiency.
- What this means for predictive maintenance and pro-active rather than reactive solutions.
- The new revenue streams open to suppliers and operators including, Enhanced mobile broadband (eMBB), Ultra-reliable and low-latency communications (URLLC) and Massive machine-type communications (mMTC).
- How do we start of essential process of creating 5G focused business models?
Presentation: Trust the Machine – 5G Networks Role in Industrial Environments
- Does 5G hold the greatest potential for supporting industrial wireless architecture?
- Which one do we need? Local Vs Private Networks for industrial environments.
- MPN’s (mobile private networks) built-for-purpose advantage for industry 4.0 and beyond.
- Efficiency and remote management – how 5G differs from other disruptive technologies in this space.
Panel: The New World of Connectivity; 5G and the Future
- How fast will it evolve and is the key to future 5G success gaining the confidence of the public?
- Shutting down old networks, how will this impact industries?
- How do we adopt the key technologies needed now? E.g. MIMO (Multiple-input multiple-output)
- 5G in five years’ time, where will we be?
- Moving beyond sectors; how this enables a sustainable future?
5G Infrastructure & Application: Closing Presentation
Chair’s Closing Remarks Day 1