Day 1 - 4 November 2020
Presentation: The Current Status of 5G in the US (and the World)
- What the current deployment of 5G looks like across the US and other countries?
- How companies are taking steps to diversify the supply chain.
- ‘5G can drive sustainable development’- what industry examples are there to support this statement?
- A real-life use case of this in industry.
Panel: Unlocking the Potential of 5G
- Talk of the full network roll-out has taken-over, but how is the lack of understanding in how to integrate this network into existing infrastructures hindering its imminent use?
- How 5G will affect the holy quintet; capacity, reliability, latency, bandwidth and efficiency?
- The need for MNO’s to create new products and pricing for sector adoption.
Presentation: Defining 5G – the Software Defined Mobile Network
- A breakdown of the key architectural pillars supporting 5G.
- What are the key concepts, barriers and benefits to a Software Defined Mobile Network?
- Overcoming these barriers to leverage enterprise opportunities.
- Adopting SD-WAN; is this the next step to increased agility, process optimisation, cost reductions and cloud utilisation?
Presentation: Building the Network – Collaboration & Innovation for 5G Acceleration
- What government led programmes are in place for the development and deployment of 5G across the US?
- What barriers has the programme faced and what strategies has the team used to overcome these?
- How collaboration is key to the current and future success of the wireless network evolution.
- Examples of the 5G programme in action.
Presentation: 5G Capabilities – Why You Need It and What You Can Gain
- High-band spectrum and automation – Allowing for peak connectivity speeds.
- Small cells – Increased Geographical connectivity due to more connectivity assets including antennas and cell sites.
- Networking – How this enables devices from asset tracking and street furniture, to remote healthcare.
- Confidentiality – Data encryption at the edge of the network thanks to local cache V’s the core.
Presentation: Trust the Machine – 5G Networks Role in Industrial Environments
- Does 5G hold the greatest potential for supporting industrial wireless architecture?
- Which one do we need? Local Vs Private Networks for industrial environments.
- MPN’s (mobile private networks) built-for-purpose advantage for industry 4.0 and beyond.
- Efficiency and remote management – how 5G differs from other disruptive technologies in this space.
Presentation: The New World of Connectivity; 5G and the Future
- How fast will it evolve and is the key to future 5G success gaining the confidence of the public?
- Shutting down old networks, how will this impact industries?
- How do we adopt the key technologies needed now? E.g. MIMO (Multiple-input multiple-output)
- 5G in five years’ time, where will we be?
- Moving beyond sectors; how this enables a sustainable future?