Day 1 - 29 September 2021
Senior Representative, TechEx
09:30AM - Day 1
Applied 5G: Organisers Welcome
Opening talk – overview of sessions and key highlights.
Evolving 5G Edge Intelligence
- How 5G Edge Platforms are evolving.
- The development of UX through heightened connectivity networks and platforms.
- Next generation applications of intelligent solutions and personalisation.
- Verizon use case – 5G Edge Intelligence Platform.
Real-World Edge Computing Use Cases for Monetizing 5G
As the world generates more and more data at ever-faster speeds and extreme low latency becomes table stakes, enterprises are having to move their data processing technologies as close to the data source as possible—i.e., to the edge. With this in mind:
- How to determine where that edge is and how best to use it for real-time, ultra-low latency decisions, a closer look at some use cases.
- How today’s most powerful data platforms can be used to power everything from Industrial IoT to smart cities to network security.
- Ways communications service providers can monetize their networks in enterprise scenarios.
VP Technology & Innovation
Swisscom Cloud Lab
11:40AM - Day 1
10:20AM - Day 1
LIVE Panel: Peak Efficiency with 5G
- How the layered connectivity of 5G enables real-time monitoring of assets and data insights for actionable outcomes.
- What new levels of automation are now capable? Pro-active rather than reactive solutions.
- How to process the mass data collected at heightened speeds.
- Moving beyond sectors; how will this enable a sustainable future?
Connecting 5G at the Edge
- Where we are with adopting Edge platforms in the 5G space.
- Enabling multi-access edge computing (MEC) as the key for optimum response.
- Localised hosting – the benefits and drawbacks for network solutions.
- Examples of 5G Edge platforms in action.
AVP, Product Management
Mavenir (Mavenir Webscale Platform)
11:20AM - Day 1
Achieving 5G RAN Workload Performance with a Telco-Optimized K8 Platform
For CSPs, the increase in network costs combined with near-flat revenue from connectivity services results in a critical business requirement to explore opportunities beyond traditional services.
A more open, automated network is necessary to break legacy vendor lock-in while promoting innovation for new use cases in the era of 5G mobile networking. The network evolution from an architecture of distinct, dedicated appliances to a modern, cloud-native, microservices architecture provides a realistic opportunity to change the operational and economic model for CSPs.
CSPs have an opportunity now to apply deep telecom domain insights into a webscale platform that is optimized for RAN, 5G, and other network function workloads.
Global Innovation Partner
11:40AM - Day 1
Innovations through 5G – From Start-ups to Large Scale Enterprises
Explore the latest innovations of 5G in action.
Fireside Chat: The Future of 5G
- The current status of 5G across the Americas.
- A look at how to grow 5G including spectrum needs, cell site progressions, stand-alone technology, device eco-system and regulatory processes.
- Emerging 5G use-cases.
- The roadmap for 5G.