Day 1 - 29 September 2021
Applied 5G: Chairperson’s Welcome
Opening talk – overview of sessions and key highlights.
Global Innovation Partner
09:30AM - Day 1
Innovations through 5G – From Start-ups to Large Scale Enterprises
To follow soon …
. Royce Stewart, Global Innovation Partner, Verizon
Digital 5G – Automation and Deployment
- The role of autonomous decision making and mass knowledge sharing.
- Digital deployment – is a hybrid approach of public and private networks best?
- AI and ML as part of critical infrastructure for operations and maintenance optimisation.
Vice President & CTO, 5G MEC, AI Platforms & Next-Gen Applications
Verizon/ Verizon Media Group
10:20AM - Day 1
Panel: Peak Efficiency with 5G
- How the layered connectivity of 5G enables real-time monitoring of assets and data insights for actionable outcomes.
- What new levels of automation are now capable? Pro-active rather than reactive solutions.
- How to process the mass data collected at heightened speeds.
- Moving beyond sectors; how will this enable a sustainable future?
. Ganesh Harinath, Vice President & CTO, 5G MEC, AI Platforms & Next-Gen Applications, Verizon/ Verizon Media Group
Director | 5G Center of Excellence
11:00AM - Day 1
Connecting 5G at the Edge
- Where we are with adopting Edge platforms in the 5G space.
- Enabling multi-access edge computing (MEC) as the key for optimum response.
- Localised hosting – the benefits and drawbacks for network solutions.
- Examples of 5G Edge platforms in action.
. Jason Inskeep, Director | 5G Center of Excellence, AT&T
AI Opportunities in 5G
- Combining AI at the Edge as the ultimate game-changer.
- Using trials and testing to see where AI can really impact opportunities and experiences.
- Examples of AI-applications deployed in 5G.
VP Technology & Innovation
Swisscom Cloud Lab
11:40AM - Day 1
Building On Up – Optimising Buildings through 5G
To follow soon …
. Cornelius Heckrott, VP Technology & Innovation, Swisscom Cloud Lab
Director, TechDev and Solutions (4G, 5G & MEC Solutions) / Chairman Emerging Technology
Reliance Jio / Small Cell Forum
12:00PM - Day 1
Panel: The new World of Connectivity – 5G & the Future
- How to break the public perception of 5G.
- The need to focus on 5G led business models, MNO platforms and services as the next step for commercialisation.
- Private Vs Public networks – understanding the convergence of these and how it is not a ‘one size fits all’ approach to connectivity.
- Why MNO’s need to work together to create a digital eco-system for 5G to reach its potential.
. Ravi Sinha, Director, TechDev and Solutions (4G, 5G & MEC Solutions) / Chairman Emerging Technology, Reliance Jio / Small Cell Forum
Reaching the Next Phase, Standalone 5G
- A look at the progression from core, non-standalone (NSA) and standalone (SA) 5G.
- Unlocking mass coverage with capabilities through SA 5G, from heightened speeds to network slicing.
- Where do we go from here with this next-gen connectivity?
Creating Immersive Experiences with 5G
- Creating audience immersion through AV, VR, ML and robotics.
- The extensive capability of user personalisation now available.
- Using Edge, AI and digital technologies to enable higher bandwidth and stronger coverage.
- How MNO’s are preventing true 5G adoption across the sectors.
- Trials and testing for the future of 5G optimised entertainment.
End of Day 1
Click here to view the different talks featured across the conference days.